I whipped up a few…
Okay, fine. You don’t just “whip up” fourteen sushi rolls. Hence the lack of a proper blog post – there just wasn’t any time for it. I made fourteen sushi rolls of five different varieties the other night for some friends, and I think it turned out pretty well…
The rolls are, clockwise from the bottom:
- Fisherman’s Roll: All the seafood that remained from the other rolls. Goodness from the deep.
- Tampa Roll: Traditionally made with fried grouper, this is an attempt to replicate a grouper sandwich in sushi format. I used fried haddock, along with mayonnaise and onions.
- Seared Flounder Roll: Pretty much what you think it is. Seared flounder, guacamole, sweet peppers, and cucumber.
- Spicy Shrimp Roll: The popular favorite. I used five favorite spicy condiments in their creation, along with some chopped shrimp and sour cream (for relief):
- Veggie Roll: Onion, sweet peppers, carrots, cucumber, and guacamole.
I promise to do a full post on sushi soon, but I have to say that I’m glad that I finally figured out the inside-out roll. What a difference!